Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Advertising is Based on Happiness

I started my day searching through the used car adds looking for a good deal. I scrolled through searching and searching but everything seemed to be beyond my price range. I finally stumbled upon a used Saturn SC Coupe that had been hit in the front end and needed some minor repairs. Though it was not my first choice I decided for only four hundred dollars it would be worth a look. I went to look at the car and took it for a test drive. It’s seemed like a perfect fit. I decided to purchase the vehicle. When I got the car home I purchased the parts much cheaper than I anticipated and did the necessary repairs. At that point I was very happy with the car and it only cost me one thousand dollars total. A year later I still found myself very pleased with my purchase and possibly even more pleased and attached. On the other side of the token a new pizza joint opened a location close to my home. They made a claim to have great New York style pizza and it was 18”. Though the Pizza was eighteen dollars I though it’s real NY pizza. Everyone from NY knows it’s hard to find good pizza in NY. So I waited fifteen minutes and I took my pizza home. I was very happy the pizza was huge and it smelled great. I walked in the house and showed my girlfriend and said “look at this amazing pizza” Then I started to eat the pizza. That’s when it all went downhill. The pizza tasted very mediocre, there wasn’t enough cheese and the sauce was just not that good. I started to think to myself that this pizza was not such a great value after all. And as I thought about the price and my experience, I decided I need to find somewhere else to get pizza. I wasn’t happy with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment